Monday, May 18, 2009

ahhh

I skipped last week because it was Mother's Day. My sons were on vacation and I hadn't planned to make any brownies, but who am I kidding? I love brownies myself.
So I made 1 batch of brownies, using crushed pecans as well as Godiva's Chocolate Liquer in lieu of vanilla for flavoring. They were _excellent_.
My Mother's Day cake was a lemon cake with lemon curd filling and lemon buttercream frosting. It also was excellent.
I didn't make any bread last week, didn't get around to it. This week I did, I made rolls from Bea Tom's cookbook. They are alleged to be the best rolls ever. They definitely had a quick rise to them. But I wasn't that impressed with them and neither was my beloved. They tasted sort of like fresher "brown and serve" rolls to me. Good, but not great in my opinion. And I had to alter the recipe a little, but that could just be differences in ingredients and weather. I had to add about one half cup more liquid to make the dough actually take shape.
The cake for my beloved last week was coffee cake. This week it is a black raspberry jelly roll. I need to practice more with the jelly roll. I managed to get it in a roll without too much fuss, but it's been a quite a few months since I made one. I'll have to try to make jelly rolls a little more frequently.
The brownies this week? The "normal" Hershey's recipe, nothing special added or subtracted.
later....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for replying to "Brownie Chronicles". Due to the vast amount of spamming on the internet, I moderate comments before publishing them. I will moderate and publish your comment as soon as possible. Thanks again for reading "Brownie Chronicles"