Monday, May 25, 2009

cake pan addict

I hate to admit this, but I love cake pans. I even bought a lion cake pan to make a cake for my beloved, but I haven't used it yet. I really don't understand the fascination - it's not like I don't have the basic 9x13 pan or the 8 inch round pans. But when I see the novelty pans...I want them. I have cake pans shaped like Christmas trees, sunflowers and hearts. Really, how many do I really need? Plus the truth is the novelty cake pans are good for basic cakes, nothing with any sort of additives (such as Milky Ways) because the stick to the crevices...
Anyway, this week's brownies wil have a half a cup of peanut butter in them. It should be interesting and my older son Dan should like it. He loves the Reese's Peanut Butter cups. The cake this week - a lemon one with lemon buttercream frosting. I am using the "Woman's Day" recipe quite a bit. The buttercream frosting is so light and fluffy and I'm not normally a fan of buttercream.
Later this week is my beloved's birthday and I will making him a cake filled with strawberry Bavarian cream. That usually works out well except if it's too hot and humid. we shall see.

I thought I'd put this link in here. If you love chocolate as I do , you'll appreciate this particular contest:
Click here: Mars Real Chocolate Relief Act

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for replying to "Brownie Chronicles". Due to the vast amount of spamming on the internet, I moderate comments before publishing them. I will moderate and publish your comment as soon as possible. Thanks again for reading "Brownie Chronicles"