Sunday, December 20, 2009

twas the week before Christmas

and all thru the house, Robin could be heard muttering "it can't be the week before Christmas yet, can it?"
well, it is. And I did bake brownies this week. The only change up this time was I substituted part of the butter for vegetable oil. Seems to have worked out well so far;) The peanut butter chip brownies did not seem to be the hit I thought they should be, or maybe I thought they would be better received by my sons. Oh, well, can't win them all.
I did make 3 fruitcakes this weekend. Don't worry, I'm not giving them to you. Some people like fruitcake, my beloved is one of them. And not I didn't use the Maida Heatter fruitcake recipe. I am always tempted, but somehow the amount of work put into it puts me off of it.


I use this recipe http://pillsburybaking.com/Recipes
/Details.aspx?recipeID=2294&mealtype=

because it easier for me. I use dried fruit (soaked in orange juice) in place of the nuts and I don't put a glaze on it. But you can figure out what you would want to put in it as long as you keep the amount you put in the same.

I still want to bake cookies. Whether I find the time or not, I don't know. I was in the house because of the snow most of the day Saturday but didn't quite get to making cookies. Fruitcakes take a lot of oven time that isn't compatible with cookie making.

I'm sure you're just as busy if not busier than I am, so I'll stop rambling now.
Have a very Merry Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for replying to "Brownie Chronicles". Due to the vast amount of spamming on the internet, I moderate comments before publishing them. I will moderate and publish your comment as soon as possible. Thanks again for reading "Brownie Chronicles"