Sunday, December 27, 2009

brownies

Well, here it is, most likely the last post of the year for this particular blog. I can't believe it. The days are long but the years are short. I know that doesn't make any sense, but there you are.
Last week I bought 4 dozen eggs, bringing the total amount of eggs in my fridge to approximately 52. Today I have _3_ eggs in my house. So I must have been busy baking.

I actually didn't make anything special for Christmas. I know, hard to believe. But I was exhausted from work and running around trying to get things together. I feel like I woke up 2 weeks ago and I need to do everything right now.

Christmas dinner went well, except my younger son complained about the Swedish meatballs;) He always says they are terrible and he has to eat them all to save us from them. I did notice he took the leftovers home;)

This week's brownies were fairly straightforward. I "bloomed" the cocoa in the melted butter and added a few Ghiradelli chocolate chips to the melting butter. It gave the brownies a more complex taste, deeper chocolate. SO you know that's good by me.

That's it for me this week. I probably will be cooking chicken and noodles for New Year's Eve dinner. I think my brother and sister-in-law are coming over. I even think my sons might stop by. I might even feel froggy and bring a few rum cakes to work on Thursday....maybe. We'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for replying to "Brownie Chronicles". Due to the vast amount of spamming on the internet, I moderate comments before publishing them. I will moderate and publish your comment as soon as possible. Thanks again for reading "Brownie Chronicles"